The Best Artificial Christmas Tree Storage Tips
An artificial Christmas tree is a convenient alternative to a real Christmas tree. An artificial Christmas tree can be an investment, one you likely want to use for years to come. In order to keep your Christmas tree from becoming damaged during storage, follow these Christmas tree storage tips!
Storing a Christmas Tree in 7 Easy Steps
- Remove the ornaments: The first step to storing your Christmas tree is to remove all of the ornaments. Carefully place the ornaments back in the box they came from or use empty egg cartons to keep the ornaments from breaking during storage.
- Remove the Christmas lights: If the Christmas tree isn’t pre-lit, remove all of the lights from the Christmas tree. Wrap the light strands around pieces of cardboard to keep them from getting tangled. If the Christmas tree is pre-lit, search through the Christmas tree to find where the strands of lights disconnect. Gently unplug the light strands before taking the tree apart.
- Disassemble the tree: Your tree should break apart into either 3 or 4 sections. Carefully disassemble the Christmas tree and lay the pieces on the floor.
- Fold up the branches of the tree: Before packing up the Christmas tree, carefully fold the branches in. This will help the tree to be compact for storage.
- Use a Christmas tree storage bag: Unfortunately, it is not a good idea to store the Christmas tree in the box it came in. Over time, the cardboard box can start to break down, which will leave your tree unprotected. Instead, store your tree in a Christmas tree storage bag. A Christmas tree storage bag will protect your tree from dust and dirt.
- Lay the tree horizontal in storage: Lay the Christmas tree storage bag down horizontally in storage. While your tree can be placed vertically in storage, that increases the chance of the tree falling over which can permanently damage the tree.
- Use a climate controlled storage unit: Protect your Christmas tree during the year by storing it in a climate controlled storage unit. A climate controlled storage unit will be your best defense against fluctuations in temperature which can permanently damage the tree.
Find Self Storage Has Storage Facilities in Texas and Louisiana!
Are you looking for a storage facility near you? Find Self Storage has storage facilities in Plano, TX, Dallas, TX, Carrolton, TX, Leesville, LA and in Alexandria, LA on Windermere Blvd and Lodi Rd. Our facilities have a storage unit size for every storage need. If you’re looking to store your Christmas tree and a few other small seasonal decorations, consider our 5×5 storage unit. If you’re looking to store your Christmas tree, much larger decorations and some household items, we recommend our 5×10 storage unit.
Reserve your storage unit today!