5 Cupboard and Pantry Organization Hacks
The pantry and cupboards are the home to canned goods, snacks, small appliances and more. But overtime, this area can become overrun with items. Take your kitchen space back by following these 5 pantry and cupboard organization steps!
- Step 1: Empty the items out of your cupboard and pantry
- Step 2: Group together similar items
- Step 3: Determine what should stay and what should go
- Step 4: Think outside of the container
- Step 5: Take advantage of space hacks
5 Steps to Creating a Pantry and Cupboard Organization System
- Step 1: Empty the items out of your cupboard and pantry: When organizing any room, it is important to start with a clean slate. Empty all of the items out of your pantry and cupboards and lay them out on a space where you can clearly see them.
- Step 2: Group together similar items: Next, group together any similar items you see. For example, group together any cookie sheets, dish towels pots and pans that you have.
- Step 3: Determine what should stay and what should go: More than likely, one of the reasons your pantry or cupboards got too cluttered is because you have too many items. In order to prevent your space from becoming too cluttered again, it is important to sort through your items to determine what you can get rid of.
- Step 4: Think outside of the container: Food containers can take up a lot of space. If the food item hasn’t been opened, keep it in its original container. If the container is large, bulky and easy to spill, like flour or sugar, consider emptying the contents into a container. Coordinating or matching containers will not only create a more organized cupboard and pantry, they will also help to conserve space.
- Step 5: Take advantage of space hacks: It isn’t uncommon to have space issues in your kitchen. In order to compensate for this, you may need to get creative with space. For example, use elevated shelving to easily store more items.
Clear the Kitchen Clutter with a Storage Unit Rental!
As you’re sorting through your kitchen items, there may be some belongings you’re unable to part with. Maybe it is your wedding china you haven’t used in years, or pots and pans passed on from your parents. If you are faced with this dilemma, consider a storage unit rental. A storage unit rental allows you to store items that are seasonal or not used very often in a safe and secure spot.
Are you looking for a storage unit near you? Find Self Storage has storage facilities in Plano, TX, Dallas, TX, Carrollton, TX , Alexandria, LA and Leesville, LA . Our storage facilities have a wide variety of storage unit sizes available, including the 5×5, 5×10 and 10×10 storage unit.
Reserve a storage unit today!