The 6 Best Tips for Moving Day to Make for a Successful Move
The day of your move will be stressful, no doubt about it. Last minute packing, waiting for the truck, directing the movers… it may seem like your moving day is never ending. To help alleviate some of the moving day stress, we put together a list of the top moving day tips:
1. Have a Proper Breakfast
2. Wear Appropriate Moving Clothes and Shoes
3. Pack a First Day Box
4. Make a Moving Checklist
5. Enlist Help from Friends and Family
6. Send the Kids and Pets Away
6 Must-Follow Moving Day Tips
1. Have a Proper Breakfast: More than likely, this will be a stressful and strenuous day. The last thing you want is to feel nauseated or weak from the stress and activity. Take the time to eat a good breakfast to maintain strength throughout the day.
2. Wear Appropriate Moving Clothes and Shoes: Moving is a lot of strenuous work. Be prepared, and reduce the risk of injury by wearing appropriate moving clothes and shoes. Your shoes should be supportive and comfortable and your clothes should be light and easy to move in.
3. Pack a First Day Box: Pack a box of items you will need on your first day at your new home. After a long day of moving, the last thing you’re going to want to be doing is digging through a box looking for items before bed. Items to include in your first day box could be prescriptions, cheap shower curtains, clothes, chargers, pen and paper.
4. Make a Moving Checklist: Make a list of anything that needs done or packed the morning of your move. On a stressful day like a moving day, it is easy to forget a last-minute detail. Creating a moving day list will keep you organized and ensure all items get from point A to point B.
5. Enlist Help from Friends and Family: Even if you have hired movers, it may still be smart to have a few friends to help with the moving process. This will not only expedite the moving process, it also might help relieve some stress to have a familiar helping hand.
6. Send Kids and Pets Away: If you have young children or pets, it may be a good idea to send them to grandma’s house for the day. The last thing you want is for a child or pet to get in the way of a mover lifting a heavy item. Or worse, inured. Avoid the situation entirely and keep kids and pets out of the house.
Are You in Need of Storage While Moving?
Self Storage Specialists offers a variety of storage units perfect for any moving project. Are you in need of last-minute moving supplies? Our locations throughout Louisiana and Texas sell a variety of moving supplies and our storage professionals are always available to help. Contact us today!