Making New Year’s Resolutions Stick: How to Keep New Year’s Resolutions
Have you recently made New Year’s resolutions? If so, you are not alone! According to a recent statistic, 40 percent of American’s make New Year’s resolutions. But unfortunately, many of these resolutions are often left unfulfilled. So, what leads us to give up on a goal that we really want to achieve? Well for many of us, it’s a lack of time, not having a clear-cut process or creating unrealistic goals.
But, following a few simple tips can help you to reach your New Year’s resolutions. Keep your New Year’s resolutions all year long by following these 5 simple tips:
- Set realistic goals
- Write down your goals
- Ask for support from family members and friends
- Treat yourself
- Set a timeframe
How to Keep New Year’s Resolutions in 5 Simple Steps
- Set realistic goals: As referenced earlier, it is important to set realistic goals. Setting goals that are too difficult or just plain unrealistic can actually set you up for failure. The frustration of not making enough progress on these goals can drive you to quitting earlier than you originally had planned. Keep in mind that there will always be opportunities to start on the next phase of your goal, so there’s no reason to set goals that are unreachable.
- Write down your goals: Write your goals down and put them in places you will see throughout the day. For example, paste a list of your goals on your bathroom mirror. When you wake up in the morning, your goals will be one of the first things you see.
- Ask for support from family members and friends: If you are really trying to make changes to better your life, tell your family members and friends. Telling your inner circle about your goals may help to hold you accountable. For example, if your goal is to read 2 books a month, ask your inner circle if they want to attend any local book clubs.
- Treat yourself: It is important to reward yourself for your hard work. When rewarding yourself, don’t choose options that go against your goals. For example, if your goal is to quit smoking, don’t reward yourself for a smoke-free month by smoking a cigarette.
- Set a timeframe: Give yourself an end timeframe. For example, maybe you want to lose 10 pounds before your vacation in 6 months. Setting a timeframe will help you to stay motivated.
Find Self Storage Can Help with Organization Goals!
If your goal is to be more organized this year, you may need some help. A storage unit rental allows you to easily store seasonal items or items that aren’t needed very often in a location close to your home. This can help you to clear clutter from your house and help you to have a more organized New Year. Find Self Storage has storage facilities in Plano, TX, Dallas, TX, Carrolton, TX, Leesville, LA and Alexandria, LA. Reserve a storage unit today!