Posted on: February 2, 2021 | by: Chloe Moore
Valentine’s Day is special day where we can set aside time to show the one we love how we feel about them. Whether you’re planning a quiet, romantic dinner for you and your significant other or having a few close friends over for a couples get-together, it wouldn’t be complete without some festive, love-filled decorations. Even if you don’t have a special someone, a sprinkling of some red décor can help alleviate the winter blues. Below are a few ways you can spread some love in your home.
Valentine’s Day Décor Ideas
- String up some playing cards. This is a holiday for the Queen of Hearts. If you want a quick way to decorate without spending a lot of money, pick up a pack of playing cards or two and punch holes in the top corners of the red cards. Then weave a red string or ribbon through the holes to create a decorative garland to hang. If you want to add an extra pop, tie additional bits of red, white or pink ribbon between the cards.
- Create your own art. Nothing says “I love you” like something homemade. If there’s a place that’s special to you and your significant other, you can memorialize it by creating a piece of wall art by using a map of that place. Trace a romantic word or phrase that means something to you and the one you love on foam-core board and cut out the letters. Then paste the board to map and trim away the excess — instant, meaningful wall art. If you have small children you want to get involved, try some string art! Paint a piece of plywood white, red or pink and outline a heart with the word “love” or something similar inside. Tap small nails along all the lines about a half-inch apart, and then let the kids run string or yarn from nail to nail (across, down, up — however they like) until it feels complete.
- Create a memory board of love. Give a standard bulletin board a makeover to display your love. Paint the board with some Valentine’s day colors and patterns, and decoupage some glitter if you want it to give it some sparkle. Once it’s dry, pin up pictures of you and your significant other, Valentine’s Day cards and any other significant items.
- Valentine’s Day wreaths. Who said wreaths are just for Christmas? Create some Valentine’s Day décor with a festive wreath made of pink, red and white flowers. Take a trip to your local craft store and pick up some of your favorite artificial flowers and a wire wreath. Then follow these directions for a love-inspired wreath you can admire for years to come.
- Special Valentine’s Day vase. Flowers play a big part of Valentine’s Day, whether you buy them for the one you love, you receive them or you just buy them for yourself to brighten up your home. Attach chains, twine or other elements to glass bottles or vases with jewelry or glass glue. Once everything is dry, paint it with a high gloss paint that will bring a little love to your space.
Storing Seasonal Decorations with Find Self Storage
If you love the décor you’ve created and want to use it for years to come, you’ll need to store it properly — and Find Self Storage in Louisiana and Texas can help! We offer storage solutions like personal storage to help you create extra space in your home while still keeping your items in a secure place. Our services help you find the solution you need through professional advice, climate control storage and conveniences such as online bill paying.
Find accessible storage solutions with Find Self Storage today!