Posted on: September 2, 2021 | by: Tom C
Top 5 Reasons Climate Controlled Storage is Better Than Conventional Storage
If you’re in the market for temporary or long-term storage, you’ve probably started to do your research. You know what size unit you want and you know to find one that offers security and convenient access, but what you still might be a little unsure about is climate controlled storage.
Are the benefits of climate controlled storage worth the additional cost to you? Climate controlled storage units are uniquely designed to maintain consistent temperatures all year-round. Some units even offer advanced humidity control to provide you with greater peace of mind.
If you are unsure about what type of storage unit you need for your belongings, it’s important to explore your options. When it comes to climate controlled storage units, there are a variety of benefits that make it ideal for your possessions, especially on a long-term basis.
5 Benefits of Climate Controlled Storage
While basic self storage is typically acceptable for household, business, and yard items, climate controlled storage can be necessary for sensitive items or for long-term storage. Below are just a few of the benefits that might make climate controlled storage a better option for you and your belongings.
- Year-Round Consistent Temperatures – Depending on where you live in the country, you may experience sharp changes in weather as the seasons change. Summers can be brutally hot and humid, while winters can be below freezing. Items like wood furniture, antiques, books, and musical instruments are highly susceptible to damage due to constant changes in temperatures. Climate controlled storage units are set to consistent temperatures that are always above freezing and below 80 degrees.
- Improved Air Quality – While air quality isn’t probably at the top of your list of requirements when looking for indoor storage facilities, you’d be surprised by how important it is. A conventional storage unit isn’t sealed in the same way a climate controlled storage unit is. Because climate controlled units regularly circulate air, dust, mites, and debris aren’t floating around in the air. This is especially important for storing electronics, sensitive documents, records, and more.
- Added Security – Climate controlled storage units have an additional layer of security that is more than just a locked gate. Many climate controlled storage facilities offer indoor lighting, keypad-controlled doors, and security cameras.
- No Insects or Vermin – While it might be tempting to save money and store your sensitive items in a crawl space or attic, you will have to deal with bugs and rodents. Even outdoor storage units are susceptible to bugs, rodents, and pests. Indoor climate controlled storage is sealed and protected from intruders, keeping your valuables safe and sound.
- Peace of Mind – Nothing can beat the peace of mind that comes with knowing your valuable items are protected from changes in weather, animals, and pests, and dust. With climate controlled storage units, you can stop stressing about your possessions and instead keep them safe and protected from the elements until you’re ready to retrieve them.
Climate Controlled Storage Units Near You
Find Self Storage is a premier and affordable storage unit company with several storage facilities in the Texas area. Our storage facilities offer various sized climate controlled storage units at our Plano, TX, Dallas, TX, Carrollton, TX, Leesville, LA, and Alexandria, LA on our Windermere Blvd. and Lodi Rd. locations. Check out our storage unit calculator or talk to one of our storage experts to help you determine if climate controlled storage is the best fit for your needs.