Posted on: November 17, 2020 | by: Chloe Moore
Watching your little one grow up is a reward in and of itself, but it can also bring back a lot of memories and nostalgia. When they outgrow their baby clothes, you may not be able to let go of some things. Whether you’re planning to add to your family in the future or you just want to keep items for the sake of memories, below are some tips to help you organize and store baby clothes.
How to Store Baby Clothes and Keep Them Organized
- Wash everything. It’s important to clean baby clothes with warm water and a mild soap before storing them. As your child wears their clothes, skin cells rub off and attach to the material. If you store them with the skin cells still fixed to the clothing, you could attract pests that will destroy the material. Be sure to treat any stains as well as they will be harder to get out later and let everything dry so you don’t end up with mildew.
- Organize baby clothes by size. Sorting by size and into separate piles is the first step of organizing baby clothes. This can help you find the right item later. If you find that you have multiple bins worth of clothing, sort each pile by season as well. If there is anything you don’t want to keep, donate them or pass them on to a friend or family member who is expecting.
- Find the right storage container. Find the right size storage container based on how many clothes you plan to keep. You want something that is sturdy and can resist dust and dirt. To keep your belongings in the best condition, look for plastic storage bins or use sealable bags within cardboard boxes.
- Label bins by size. Label the outside of your bins or boxes with a sticker label or marker based on the size of the clothes. When organizing and storing baby clothing, you may want labels like “0-3 months” or “Newborn clothes.”
- Store these bins in a safe space. Garages are susceptible to pests and rodents, and basements have a tendency to flood. If you don’t feel that there’s a safe place in your house, you may want to consider storing baby clothes in a storage unit.
Baby Clothes Storage with Find Self Storage
If you find yourself needing a unit for baby clothes storage, turn to Find Self Storage in Texas and Louisiana! We offer storage solutions for a variety of needs, including climate control, document storage, military storage and vehicle storage. Our helpful storage unit size guide can make finding the right size unit for your family easier. And our convenient online payment option allows you to make your lease payments from the safety of your own home.
Find a self storage facility near you today and keep all of your memories tucked away for a later day!