Posted on: April 17, 2018 | by: PDCadmn01
Spring Cleaning Tips for a More Organized Spring and Summer
It’s that time of year again, spring cleaning! So where did spring cleaning come from? And why is it still relevant? Well, in this post, you will find the answers to these questions, as well as a few spring cleaning tips to get you started!
The History of Spring Cleaning and Why I Should Participate This Year
The concept of spring cleaning has been around for centuries. Back in the days when homes were heated by fireplaces, spring cleaning was a time when people would air out their homes and clean all of the soot and grime that built up during the winter months. Nowadays, spring cleaning is much different. Spring cleaning is a time when people take advantage of the warmer weather to prepare their homes for summer.
Right now is a great time to start your spring cleaning efforts. Because let’s face it, as summer approaches and the weather gets nicer, are you really likely to want to spend your time indoors cleaning?
The Best Spring Cleaning Checklist
Use these tips to kick start your spring cleaning efforts!
- Clean All Carpets and Upholstery: It’s surprising how much dust, dirt, germs and residue can be absorbed or lost in upholstery or carpets. Before using any sort of chemical on your carpet or upholstery, try it out in an inconspicuous area. It is hard to know how a surface will react to treatment, and the last thing you want is to accidentally stain or mark up your carpet or furniture. Freshen up your house by using an upholstery cleaner on your couches and chairs. In order to remove any stains your carpet may have suffered during the winter or holiday season, use a carpet cleaner. Open your windows to let the fresh spring air dry your carpet and upholstery.
- Check High and Low: When cleaning your home for spring, don’t just focus on the items at eyesight. In order to get your home thoroughly clean, look high and low for areas that could use a little TLC. Clean your baseboards, mop the tiles and dust all light fixtures and fans.
- Focus on Your Windows: Over the winter, dirt and grime can bombard your windows, leaving a thin film of residue behind. Let the spring sunshine come into your home by cleaning your windows! A rag and soapy water can work wonders on dirty windows. Once your windows are clean, don’t forget to dry them to avoid any streaks.
- Do a Little Every Day: While the thought of spending 20 to 30 hours a week spring cleaning likely does not sound feasible, spending 5 to 10 hours a week cleaning might. When you think about it, 5 to 10 hours of spring cleaning a week really only breaks down to spending 30 minutes every week night and a couple of hours every weekend. If you start now, by the time June comes around, you’ll have 30 to 60 hours-worth of spring cleaning efforts under your belt.
- Consider a Storage Unit: You can spend hours cleaning your home, but if it is too cluttered it will be impossible to make it look clean. If you’re short on space, consider a storage unit rental. A storage unit rental will allow you to keep the items that are not currently needed, or out of season, in a safe and secure location.
Find Self Storage Has Spring Cleaning Solutions
If you’re thinking of renting a self storage unit for your spring cleaning efforts, consider renting from Find Self Storage. We have both traditional and climate controlled storage units available for rent in Plano, TX, Dallas, TX, Carrolton, TX, Leesville, LA and in Alexandria, LA on Windermere Blvd and Lodi Rd.
Our storage units come in a variety of sizes, ranging from the 5×5 storage unit to the 5×10 and 10×10 storage unit. Contact us to rent a storage unit today!