Posted on: February 16, 2021 | by: Chloe Moore
Laundry Room Organization Ideas
Laundry is one of those chores that has to be done, whether you love it or loathe it. It’s time consuming, and it can be quite tedious. But if you have the right tools and keep your space organized in a useful way, it can be better and faster. Below are some laundry room organization ideas to help you get started.
Organization Tips for Your Laundry Room
- Add a hanging bar. If you have some unused wall space in your laundry area, add some simple tension rods for airdry-only items. You can also add permanent hanging bars if the wall is too wide for a tension rod.
- Add some surface space. A new countertop can give you more space to easily fold laundry as it comes out of the dryer. If you can’t attach one to the wall, opt for a folding table that you can store away when you need additional space.
- Label everything. If you’re using bins or baskets to organize your laundry room, be sure to clearly label the front of each container so you can quickly identify where every item is.
- Keep a laundry basket nearby. If the kids or your spouse have a habit of dropping items in the laundry room, place a laundry basket or hamper near the laundry room door so they’re not dropping everything on the floor, creating a disorganized mess.
- Add a bookshelf. Not enough storage space? Not a problem! Bring a bookshelf into your laundry room so you have a place to keep detergent, softener and anything else you need to store. If you don’t have enough space for a full bookshelf, opt for simple floating shelves that anchor to the wall.
- Utilize pegboards. Your laundry room can quickly become a disorganized space, especially when you use it for more than washing clothes. Use hanging pegboards to organize cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans and even dog leashes.
- Add an ironing station. If work wear is a part of daily or weekly laundry for your family, an ironing board is a necessity. Choose a wall- or door-mounted ironing board to create more open space in your laundry room for when you’re not using it.
- Separate space with dividers. Many of us don’t have the convenience of have our laundry rooms separate from other areas of the home. They’re often shared with bathrooms, mud rooms and even kitchens. If you want to create some additional separation, add a room divider.
Create an Organized Laundry Room with Find Self Storage
Even with a well-organized laundry room, you may find yourself with excess items you can’t keep in your home but that you aren’t ready to let go of. When you need some additional space in your home, let Find Self Storage lend a hand. We can help you find the right size storage unit for your items as well as assist in finding the right storage solutions. We also offer conveniences such as online bill pay and unit reservations so you can take care of everything you need from the comfort of your home.
Ready to get started on your journey to a well-organized home? Find a storage facility near you!