Posted on: October 25, 2019 | by: Chloe Moore
Interior design is not easy, but when it is done correctly, it can help your home to look more organized and polished. Are you interested in learning a few interior design tips for your home? Read this blog for 6 can’t miss interior decorating ideas!
6 Helpful Interior Design Tips
- Let your home reflect who you are: Any home decorator is going to tell you that the most important part of decorating your home is that is reflects your personality and style. If you have family heirlooms or more unique items you have acquired over the last few years, never be afraid to incorporate them into your home. This can help to give your space a more personal touch that represents who you are.
- Add large plants: If you’re designing on a budget and looking to add some character to a space, consider adding large plants to a room. Placing plants in the living room, bedroom and in the corner of rooms can help to make your home stand out.
- Paint smaller rooms with lighter colors: To make even the smallest room appear a bit larger, paint it a lighter color. Additionally, adding mirrors to a room and opening the window blinds and letting natural light come in are also good ways to make a room feel bigger.
- Soften hardwood floors with area rugs: Hardwood floors add a nice timeless touch to any home. But they lack the comfort that you typically get with carpeted floors. To make up for this, place area rugs in the living room and dining room to add a bit of character and comfort to the space. Area rugs can even be moved or changed depending on the season and temperature.
- Get creative with items you already have: When deciding to update the decorations in your home, it is common to think you need to head to the store and purchase more items. Instead, take a second look at the items you have around your home. Consider hanging artwork made by your children on the walls in their bedrooms. Uniquely shaped or designed plates can be hung on the walls to add dimension to the space.
- Do not overstuff a room: Adding too many furniture pieces to a room is a common mistake people make when decorating their home. When adding furniture into your home, ensure there is enough space for two people to walk past each other without touching.
Declutter Your Home with a Storage Unit Rental!
Another essential interior decorating tip that can really help to make your home look bigger and more organized is to declutter. Even after spending time organizing your home according to these interior design tips, if you have too many items crowing each room, it will be tough to make your home look organized.
A storage unit rental is a great way to declutter your home because it allows you to hold onto items that still mean a lot to you but are not used as often. Find Self Storage has storage facilities in Dallas, TX, Carrollton, TX, Plano, TX, Leesville, LA and Alexandria, LA on Windermere Blvd and Lodi Rd. Whether you are looking to store extra pieces of furniture, household decorations and sporting equipment, or simply just a few boxes of out of season decorations, we are sure to have a storage unit size for you. Reserve a storage unit today!