Posted on: October 15, 2018 | by: PDCadmn01
Top Tips for Loading a Moving Truck
Moving days can be very stressful. If you are planning a DIY move and are renting a moving truck yourself, it is important to know the best way to load and unload the truck. Follow these tips!
- Recruit friends: A move can be a lot of physical stress on one person’s body. Recruit movers from your circle of family and friends.
- Determine what size truck you need: Take inventory of your large items and decide how big of a moving truck you will need. While a smaller truck will be cheaper to rent, make sure you get a truck that is large enough to fit all of your items. The last thing you’re going to want to have to do on your moving day is make multiple trips between your old home and new home.
- Have your items packed before moving day: Have all of your items packed up before the day of your move. This will prevent you from realizing you need extra boxes, packing tape or moving supplies last minute.
- Have moving supplies ready: When renting a moving truck, ask to also rent a dolly and moving straps. Investing in these moving supplies will pay off. Proper moving supplies will invoke less stress on your back and will help to prevent your items from becoming damaged during the move.
• Pack large items: Pack your dresser, mattress, box spring, large appliances and furniture in the moving truck fist. These items should be covered to prevent scratches and bumps. Keep these large items from shifting in the truck using moving straps.
- Pack items you’ll need first, last: Pack items you’ll need as soon as you arrive at your destination last. This way, when you open the moving truck you’ll be able to get them out first. This may include shower supplies, sheets for beds and anything included in your first night box.
- Pack the heaviest boxes first: Avoid crushing any delicate items by packing heavier items at the bottom of the moving truck. This is a good place for boxes of books or sturdy items.
- Use fluffy items as buffers: Place any bags of clothing, sheets, towels or bedding in between the boxes to act as a buffer.
- Have a layout plan: It is never a good idea to wait until your moving day to start thinking about the layout of your new home. Take advantage of the moving help while you have it and decide which room you want your furniture to be placed in ahead of time.
Fins Self Storage Has Household Storage Solutions
If you are downsizing homes, you may come to the realization that all of the items that once fit in your larger home will not fit in your new home. If this is the case, consider a storage unit rental. A storage unit rental allows you to hold onto important and sentimental items while still allowing you to keep your home clutter-free. Find Self Storage has storage facilities in Plano, TX, Dallas, TX, Carrolton, TX, Leesville, LA and in Alexandria, LA on Windermere Blvd and Lodi Rd. Reserve 5×5, 5×10 or 10×10 storage unit for your household storage needs!