Posted on: January 26, 2018 | by: PDCadmn01
Do Your Items Require Climate Controlled Storage?
There are many situations where a traditional storage unit will meet your storage needs. But there are some instances where a climate controlled storage unit may better serve your storage needs. Before you utilize a storage unit, it is important to know if your items will require a climate controlled storage.
Items That Require Climate Controlled Storage
- Leather or Wooden Furniture: When storing leather or wooden furniture, it is extremely important to utilize a climate controlled storage unit. The fluctuations in temperature can cause wooden items to warp and leather to crack. The best way to prevent damage from occurring to your leather or wooden furniture is to store it in a climate controlled storage unit.
- Wine: Fluctuations in temperature and humidity can cause wine to age prematurely. It can also cause the wine cork to dry out, allowing air into the bottle and causing the wine to go bad. If you are storing your wine collection, it is extremely important to utilize a climate controlled storage unit.
- Electronics: Extreme fluctuations in temperature can cause damage to electronics. The screens on televisions and monitors can warp, damaging the picture.
- Pictures: Storing pictures in a location that is too hot can cause the ink in the images to run. Additionally, if there is any moisture in the storage unit, it can cause the pictures to stick together.
- Antiques: Antique items are much more fragile and sensitive than a comparable item that is not an antique. When storing antique items, be cautious to only store them in climate controlled storage units. Depending on the material of the item, storing your antiques in a location that isn’t climate controlled can cause your antiques to crack, melt or become permanently damaged.
- Mattresses: Overtime, fluctuations in temperature can cause mold and mildew to form on the mattress. When storing a mattress, always store it in a climate controlled storage unit.
Prevent Serious Damage from Occurring to Your Items by Checking on Your Storage Unit
While a climate controlled storage unit can help to prevent damage from occurring to your sensitive items, it is still important to check up on your storage unit. When you don’t check up on your storage unit, there is a greater chance of something happening to your items. Think about it, the more often you check up on your storage unit, the greater chance you will have of preventing irreversible damage.
Are You Interested in Renting a Climate Controlled Storage Unit for Your Sensitive Items?
Our storage units range in sizes from 5×5 storage units to 10×30 storage units, perfect for storing a few cases of wine to the contents of a whole room filled with antiques. Are you interested in learning more about our climate controlled storage unit options? Contact us today!