Posted on: May 22, 2019 | by: Chloe Moore
Things to do Before Baby Arrives Checklist: Follow These 7 Tips!
Are you bringing a new member of your family home soon? If so, congratulations! During the weeks leading up to the arrival of a new baby, it is helpful to take a few steps to prepare for the newest addition to your home. Interested in learning more about the things should you do before the baby arrives? Keep reading this blog!
7 Tips for Getting the House Ready for Baby
- Prepare meals ahead of time: During the first few weeks after the baby arrives, you likely will not have the time or energy to cook meals for the family. In order to prepare for this, stock up on frozen meals and gift cards to restaurants. Additionally, consider making some easy meals ahead of time and freezing them to thaw out as needed.
- Prepare the nursery for sleeping baby: The more your baby sleeps, the more you’ll be able to sleep. Take necessary steps to make the nursery as dark and quiet as possible. For example, invest in window treatments or blackout curtains to keep the light from waking your baby. Additionally, purchase a white noise machine to block out any noise outside.
- Babyproof the house: Although it may seem premature to prepare your house for a mobile baby, time flies and before you know it, your baby will be able to stand and crawl. Wrap all sharp table edges with bubble wrap or plastic guards to keep your baby from getting bumped. Additionally, install safety latches on all cupboards, remove any dangling cords and secure all furniture to the wall.
- Get clothes ready ahead of time: Wash a few newborn outfits to get them ready for your new baby. Don’t overload on newborn clothes and diapers, though, because before you know it your child will be ready for the next size.
- Use a baby monitor: Before purchasing your baby monitor, it is important to decide what you want from the monitor. Nowadays, baby monitors have the capabilities to not only let you know when your baby is crying, you can also see and talk to them. Depending on the layout of your home, these functions can help you to keep an eye on your baby much easier.
- Prepare for guests: After having a new baby, you will likely have a lot of visitors. In order to prepare for the visitors, make sure you have snacks, clean towels in the bathrooms, extra toiletries and fresh sheets and blankets on the guest bed.
Make Space in Your Home with a Storage Unit Rental!
Adding a new member to the household can be an adjustment for the entire family. Suddenly, what used to be the study, workout room or spare bedroom has become the nursery. With this change, comes the need to shuffle furniture to make room for the nursery. One thing that you may come to find, is that with the addition of the nursery, you simply have too much furniture pieces and items in your home.
A great way to make space for the nursery is to rent a storage unit for storing unneeded furniture pieces, out of season clothing, decorations and more.
Looking for a storage unit near you? Find Self Storage has storage facilities in Dallas, TX, Carrollton, TX, Plano, TX, Leesville, LA and Alexandria, LA on Windermere Blvd and Lodi Rd. Whether you’re looking for just a little extra storage space, or a full house storage option, Find Self Storage has a storage option for you. Reserve a storage unit today!