Posted on: March 20, 2019 | by: Chloe Moore
6 Basement Organization Tips
The basement is a room that can easily become way too cluttered. This space is often used for storage, such as storing sports equipment, seasonal decorations, furniture and more. Additionally, this room is a less trafficked area, and it’s easy to not notice the clutter piling up. Are you looking to get your basement organized once and for all? Try out these 6 must-follow tips!
Basement Organization Storage Ideas
- Get rid of unneeded items: Sort through your items and pull out anything you no longer need. This may include broken, damaged or not commonly used items. These items can be donated, given away, sold or thrown out.
- Use unused space: One of the best ways to make the best use of space is to keep an eye out for storage opportunities. For example, if you are storing drawers or a desk in the basement, store items inside of the drawers. Additionally, if you have an unfinished basement, store large and bulky items under the stairs.
- Hang items whenever possible: Whenever possible, use hooks to hang items. This can be a great way to store brooms, cords, folding chairs and more.
- Use plastic storage bins: Plastic storage bins are not only large enough to hold a variety of objects, they are also not see-through so you can easily hide a mess. When using plastic storage bins, label the outside of the boxes so you can easily find what you’re looking for.
- Keep commonly used items more accessible: When putting items back into your garage, place items that are used more often close to the entrance of your basement. This may be a good place for sporting equipment, exercise equipment and more. Items that are used less often can be stored in less accessible areas.
- Use a storage unit: Need additional storage space? Try a storage unit rental! A storage unit rental is a great way to clear some basement clutter while getting seasonal or unneeded items out of your house. A basement is prone to fluctuations in temperature, which can cause mold or mildew to form. When sorting through the items in your basement, keep an eye out for items that should not be stored in this kind of environment. Items like leather or wooden furniture, electronics, books and appliances can be stored in a storage unit instead.
Find a Self Storage Facility Near You!
Looking for a storage unit near you? Find Self Storage has storage facilities in Carrolton, TX, Dallas, TX, Plano, TX, Leesville, LA and Alexandria, LA on Windermere Blvd and Lodi Rd. Our storage facilities offer various sized storage units, including the 5×5, 5×10 and 10×10 storage unit. Reserve a storage unit with Find Self Storage today!